Sunday, February 8, 2009

I FUCKING hate cliques

Don't you?

Going to a new school means new beginnings right? So how come I'm seeing the same old clumps of social activity instead of a nice mixture?!? Yes, that's right, it's because of the FUCKING CLIQUES.

Before I go on ranting, here's the situation: I'm currently in my new junior college, Meridian JC. Apparently I was mistaken into thinking that in JC, your whole class becomes familiar (reasonably) with each other. Using the analogy of a cake mixture, instead of getting a nice, soft texture, I'm seeing uneven clumps. Basically, my class has fallen victim to the dreaded cliques.

I hate it. I FUCKING hate it.

I apologize for the profanity, but it's ridiculous that my class can be so divided. The "cool guys" come into one clique, the girls are in one separate clique, and the "not so hot" guys are in another clique.

The class beside ours was like a seasoned orchestra, prepared within less than 5 days of meeting each other for the first time. They do stuff as a whole class. They joke around as a class, work as a class, and cheer as a class.

Teamwork, camaraderie and openness; you'll find none of that bullshit in mine. Yes folks, instead you'll discover that we lovely caste system in place over here. Not so talkative or sociable? Sorry, no exclusive membership for you to the "cool guy" clique. I've made a futile effort to go "clique hopping", socializing from social group to social group. Every group has their own business, nothing to do with other cliques, no need to interact with them either. Let the situation grow for 4 days, and voila, you now have a class reduced to 3 factions. I hope for a well-bonded class, but that's beyond impossible for mine.

I remember mentioning this to one of my friends. His reply didn't surprise me: "Welcome to the club." It's practically the same everywhere you look. Cliques are everywhere, in every (save for previously mentioned example) class.

There's a social discrimination going on, and I'm not liking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment